Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 19

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

This week was a good one! We had the Christmas activity last Thursday and we had a great turnout!! We easily doubled the amount of people that usually show up on Sunday and over half of them were investigators! We got tons of references from the members and so if we weren´t busy enough now we have tons of new people to go find and teach! Also yesterday we were walking to an appointment and this girl stops us and starts talking to us. At first I was nervous because she was our age and the girls here are....uh....outgoing.....buuuuut turns out her family was taught by missionaries a few years ago but the missionaries got transfered and they lost contact with them but they are still interested and we made a return appointment with them this Thursday!

 Also we had the Baptisms this Saturday!!! I love baptisms even though they are usually really stressful! We still didn´t have a plug so we used the plastic bag again and just left the water running so we had plenty of water this time. My companion baptized them and all was going well until it was time for the Branch President to give his welcome to the church talk and him nor any of his councilors showed up! So E. Zetina went to go make a few phone calls while I had to give an impromptu talk in Spanish! I don´t really remember what I said but I definitely had a lot of help because I ended up talking for 15 mins. while the ward mission leader came to fill the place of the president. But they were awesome and both of them were so happy afterwards! As for Christmas, I got my packages!  Thank you! I can’t wait! We get to eat with a member which is usually against the rules so I´m excited for that! But besides that we are confined to our houses from 3 in the afternoon Christmas Eve to 3 in the afternoon on Christmas. But we can leave to go call our family and we finally found a place that we can skype! Hopefully it all works out! Will you have Dad make me a skype account so I don’t have to waste time on Christmas doing that? We will be calling around 1:30 in the afternoon DR time so make sure you figure out the time difference! If all goes well we should be able to skype! I can´t wait to talk to you guys!!


Elder Harsh

What Christmas looks like in the Dominican.
My Christmas tree and decorations





No comments:

Post a Comment