Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 36

Elder Harsh is in for some big changes!  Here is his letter explaining his change and at the bottom I'll include a link to a map showing where he will be.
Thanks again for all of your support!

Holy cow mommy this was definitely the craziest week of my entire mission!!! I have no idea where to start! But i'm going to save the BIG news for last. Ok first off, we had a really good lesson with a guy that we contacted the other week. We found him walking by and he says he always invites people like us in so we set a date and came by this week. He thought we were Jehova's witnesses but after we cleared that up we started with a lesson on the Apostasy/Restoration. He had a lot of really good questions and after we kinda explained everything to him he stopped and sat there in silence for a long time. Then he said that we had just answered tons of questions he had been researching for the past 10 years! He asked more questions and with every answer he was getting more and more excited! It was a very fun lesson. Also we had two baptisms planned for this past Saturday, Jorge and Keyla. I got sick and was feeling really achy and couldn't breath very well, but I figured all we had to do was go to the stake center, fill up the font, and then chill while we wait for the water to fill. As we were about to leave to head to the stake center, The zone leaders called informing us that there isn't any water in the church! Dominican Problems. So we went from having a perfectly planned baptism to having a full afternoon trying to contact everybody and tell them we have to do it in a different building further away. After calling and visiting everyone (while I was really sick), we finally got everything planned out and ready. We had just sat down to rest when Keyla called us crying. Apparently she had started her period early and for reasons that weren't explained to me, that meant that she couldn't be baptized. She said she had fear of the white clothes. Whatever. Anyways after calming her down we explained to her that it wasn't a problem and we could reschedule it for next week. the only bummer is I am not going to be there! So after that crazy day and the baptism I was feeling super sick so we finally get home and I had just gotten into bed when President Corbitt called me. He called me about transfers to inform me that I am .......GOING TO THE ISLANDS!!!!!! I AM GOING TO BONAIRE!!! THEN ARUBA AND THEN THE OTHER ONE!!! ALSO I AM GOING TO BE A DISTRICT LEADER!! ALSO I AM GOING TO LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE CALLED PAPIMIENTO!!! Also Bonaire is a very small island and so its just me and my companion on the entire island! also PLOT TWIST, in July, the three islands are going to switch and be a part of a different mission so its possible I might change missions! Right now we don't know but its possible!! I fly out early tomorrow morning! 

Yeah, that's about it.
Love,
Elder Harsh
                          Elder Harsh will be straight down from the DR, right above Venezuela!





  1. Papiamento is a Creole language containing elements of Spanish,PortugueseDutchEnglish and French, as well as Arawak and African languages. It is spoken by about 330,000 people on the islands of the Netherlands Antilles (Curaçao, Bonaire, Aruba). Papiamentu was made an official language on March 7, 2007.
  2. Elder Harsh arrived safe!  He's on the island of Bonaire
  3. Displaying IMG_0596.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment