Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 57



Hi Everyone!
Welp, another week has come and gone and I have really been focusing on my Papiamento and I am getting pretty good! I understand almost everything but I am in the "mountain man" phase (duck dynasty) where I can talk, but it’s just painfully slow.
E. Carrillo coming along with his English but this is a tough place to learn English because almost everyone knows Spanish. But I am sure he will get the hang of it soon.
This was a great week, up until Saturday and Sunday! We had Saturday and Sunday completely booked with lessons and EVERY SINGLE LESSON FELL THROUGH! Those days are tough. I am super sunburn from being outside for two complete days but we did have a few lessons off of contacts and we did an impromptu service and cut down this massive tree in this less active's yard. I got to play with a chainsaw for 3 hours and he came to church for the first time in 4 years! It was a win win situation. This is a tough area but we are making the best of it.
 Today we went with Pres. Buckley to eat pizza and after downing 12 slices, he took us to the biggest mountain (hill) in Aruba and said the view is great at the top, so we ran up all the stairs and I almost puked. But you could see the entire island from the top! It was so cool you could see ocean in every direction!
We also have an investigator who finally got her answer that she knows the Book of Mormon is true. It doesn't matter how many times that happens, every single time is special and I feel the spirit so strong! She has tons of questions but loves it when we come over and we always have super spiritual lessons with her!
We had a mission reunion with all the zone (the 3 islands) with Pres. Eggbert and Elder Martinez of the 70. It was great and I learned a lot. Also mom I only have 1 memory card and it doesn't work so that is my excuse for the next little while for why I haven't been taking pictures.
Have a good week!
Elder Harsh




No comments:

Post a Comment