Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 31

Hi Everyone.
Well just like that the week has gone by! We have had our hands full this week with investigators problems! We have a couple who were planning on getting married for their baptism but sometime in April their son is coming to visit from Spain, and he said he wants to be there for the wedding. The transfer ends halfway through April so I´m not sure if I´m going to be there for their baptism or not, but I have my fingers crossed!
Also we have a really good family that had been progressing really well but when we had a word of wisdom lesson it turns out both the mom and dad are both POTHEADS. They ended up telling us that they don´t smoke weed every day,  but usually more than 3 times a week, and when they do they smoke it-they smoke it  ALL DAY LONG!  So that was a kick in the shorts but we set up a plan for them to stop and they genuinely want to stop so we will have to see where that goes.
 But in better news we have the family that we recently started teaching the husband too, and they are progressing really well. We set a goal for them to be married by the first week of April and he said he is going to try to do it sooner! He is loving the gospel and we had an especially good lesson about marriage because we had the branch President and his wife come and they basically did everything for us and nailed it. Them along with one or two other investigators have the best chance to be baptized this transfer!
Holy cow I almost forgot to tell you about the conference! Jeffery R Holland was awesome!! We got there super early and sat 4 rows from the front, and we sat on either side of our investigators to show Elder Holland that we are good missionaries. Haha during the conference I was low key eating smarties because I was hungry and I put my hand up to my mouth at the exact time Elder Holland decides to look at me! He caught me red handed and there was no getting out of it, so I just shrugged my shoulders and Elder Holland started laughing. I was kind of embarrassed but I guess now he knows the real me! Haha he gave a really good talk to the people about the restored gospel and how we should strengthen our testimonies  always which is both a perfect message for the members and also our investigators that were there. He nailed it! Also he told us a story where he was in a hurry to catch a flight and he was speeding on the freeway. He told us he repented because he was driving so fast and all the American missionaries thought it was funny, but the Dominicans were just kind of confused because speed limits don´t exist here. But he gave a really good talk and when he walked into the room my investigators said they felt that he was a man of God, which is really all they needed to get out of the conference. It was a really great experience!!
Today Elder Cook and I went to Yamasa where our district leader lives and we went and hiked a mountain. The elder from Texas thought they were mountains but I have literally longboarded hills bigger than those ´mountains´. But that was fun and yes mom I took pictures. (Your welcome)

Elder Harsh

No comments:

Post a Comment